The airwaves will be filled with stories of hope on Friday and Saturday as the 22nd Annual WIBC Radiothon aims to raise $250,000 for The Salvation Army Bed & Bread Club. The 36-hour fundraising event kicks off at 6 AM with 93.1 WIBC host Tony Katz and wraps up on Saturday evening at 6 PM with co-hosts Pat Sullivan and Denny Smith.
The WIBC Radiothon is made possible through the generous support of hourly sponsors whose gifts help to supplement donations called in or made online during the live broadcast. In addition to these sponsors, Kroger has stepped forward to once again to sponsor the Kroger Phone Bank, located in the festively decorated atrium of Emmis Communications on Monument Circle. The live show will be broadcast from a stage in the atrium all day Friday and through the night before switching to a special stage set up at Sullivan Hardware and Garden on North Keystone Avenue.
FasTrack Plumbing, Heating and Cooling is back as the title sponsor of the 22nd Annual WIBC Radiothon. Financial Engines (formerly Mutual Fund Store) has also returned as the scoreboard sponsor. Many familiar voices will be heard from these and other supporting businesses based in central Indiana. Tune in or visit Sullivan Hardware & Garden on Saturday to listen to live musical acts ranging from student choirs to brass bands.
Throughout the day, listeners will not only get to enjoy hearing from their favorite WIBC hosts and personalities, but will also hear from dozens of special guests. Major Bob Webster, Divisional Commander for The Salvation Army Indiana Division, will join other Salvation Army officers, staff, and clients to help tell the stories of the thousands helped each year with the money raised during the WIBC Radiothon.
Last year, The Salvation Army was able to provide more than 468,000 meals to hungry men, women, and children in central Indiana because of the generosity of listeners. Almost 114,000 safe nights of shelter were provided to people facing homelessness, domestic violence, and emergency situations in 2015.
There are several ways that WIBC listeners can give:
- Call the Kroger Phone Bank at 1-877-717-3223 to make your pledge over the phone
- Text the word HOOSIER to 41444 to receive a link to our mobile-friendly donation page
- Visit WIBC.com or simply click HERE to go directly to our secure online donation page
- Make your donation in person by dropping by Emmis Communications on Monument Circle in downtown Indianapolis anytime on Friday or Saturday OR Sullivan Hardware & Garden at Keystone Ave. & 71st St. on Saturday
Don’t forget, every host during the WIBC Radiothon brings with them great prize packages for donors. Callers who sign up as Bed & Bread Club Members with a $25 x 12 donation ($25 donation once a month for a year) may be eligible for additional special prize drawings. You can also follow all the event chatter on Facebook and Twitter or by checking out the hashtag #WIBCRadiothon. Stuck at a computer with no radio? No problem. Just visit WIBC.com to stream the entire event live.
Want to learn more about The Salvation Army’s food and shelter programs? Click on any of these links to see how your donation is doing the most good in central Indiana!
- The Salvation Army Ruth Lilly Women & Children’s Center
- The Salvation Army Eagle Creek Corps Community Center
- The Salvation Army Harbor Light Center
- The Salvation Army Fountain Square Corps Community Center
- The Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services