As the month of June comes to a close, The Salvation Army prepares for a month filled with events and activities aimed at helping raise money for programs that benefit needy families and individuals in the community.
Christmas in July, a month long event, has no bounds. Area businesses are encouraged to partner with the Salvation Army and host simple fundraising events ranging from preplanned ones like casual For A Cause and Donate A Dollar to ice cream socials and a special night at Victory Field with the Indianapolis Indians.
The Westin Indianapolis stepped up to the plate, providing a plan that covers the entire month of July:
• Text to give cards will be included in all key packets all month long.
• A donation kettle will be placed in a public area of The Westin Indianapolis for the entire month of July.
• Anyone who signs up for the Bed and Bread Club during the month of July will be registered to win an overnight stay at The Westin Indianapolis.
• The Westin Indianapolis will host The Salvation Army glove for two weeks. All individuals who take their photo with the glove and post it to The Westin Facebook page or tweet it to @WestinIndpls will be entered to win an overnight stay.
• Another overnight stay at The Westin Indianapolis will be raffled off during the Indianapolis Indians Salvation Army Night on July 26.